Summer storms can be intense and unpredictable in Conway, AR, and they can cause significant damage to your home. From fallen trees to hail damage, there are many types of damage that can occur during a summer storm. If your home is damaged during a storm, it's important to take the right steps to ensure your safety and protect your property. Here's what you should do if your Conway home is damaged during a summer storm:
- Assess the Damage: Once the storm has passed, assess the damage to your home. Look for any obvious signs of damage, such as broken windows, fallen trees, or roof damage.
- Document the Damage: Take photos or videos of the damage to your home, both inside and outside. This will be important for your insurance claim.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the damage and start the claims process. Your insurance agent will guide you through the process and let you know what documentation you need to provide.
- Make Temporary Repairs: If your home is damaged to the point where it's not safe to stay in, make temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Cover broken windows with plastic or board up damaged areas to prevent water from entering your home.
- Hire a Professional: To ensure that the damage is properly repaired, hire a professional contractor to make the necessary repairs. Your insurance company may have a list of approved contractors that you can use.
- Keep Records: Keep detailed records of all the repairs that are made to your home, including receipts and invoices. This will be important for your insurance claim and for future reference.
At Noble Insurance Agency in Conway, AR, we understand how stressful it can be to deal with storm damage to your home. That's why we're here to help you through the claims process and ensure that you get the coverage you need. Contact us today to learn more about our homeowners insurance policies and how we can help you protect your home.